06 July 2009

Research Week 2

Here I sit, frustrated staring at 3 lines of code, trying to understand why the program keeps telling me I am trying to divide by zero. I honestly have no idea. I'm not sure just why I refuse to go and ask my mentor. I'm sure it's probably just a single variable out of place. Its amazing that coding can be so frustrating and so enjoyable all at the same time. I have made a ton of progress as far as C++ goes and my understanding of it; my ability to make it do what I want. But as I said, here I sit, frustrated.


On a positive note, as soon as I can get this figured out, I am going to start working with some real numbers, not with made up randomly generated numbers. I am looking forward to that! I want to see some real data.


And just that quickly, with another quick glance...its like putting my glasses on and seeing the code fresh and new! I realize that I have (for the umpteenth time) tried to abbreviate "parameter" as "p" instead of "par" as it should be and the program starts to work for me.  Now if I can just figure out why parameter #0 is "infinitely out of range". Curious.


edited update: of course! I had one single variable out of place and once fixed it worked perfectly!



jb

No comments:

Post a Comment